FAQ – Kooyman Handyman Challenge 2023
Q: What is the Kooyman Handyman Challenge about?
Kooyman has organized a DIY battle between the best DIYers on the island. In three rounds, contestants will take on tough DIY challenges. Only 1 winner will claim the title of Best Handyman.
Q: What are the requirements to participate in the Handy Man Challenge?
This contest is open to all persons who are age 18 and above. Via the campaign website www.kooymanbv.com people can register to participate in the Kooyman Handyman Challenge competition from April 10th, 2023, to May 7th, 2023, 11:59 pm.
Q: Can woman participate in the challenge?Yes they can!
- Q: How will I know if I qualified for Round 2?
After the registration period has elapsed, you will receive a call and email notifying you that you have been selected to participate in round 2. This will include a complete overview of your DIY assignment that you will have to create and submit.
- Q: Please tell me the entry/building period?
The entry period differs by Round
- Q: How many rounds are there during the contest period?
There are 3 rounds during the contest period.
- Q: How many participants qualify for Round 3?
From the 10 participants competing in Round 2, only 5 participants (SXM will be 2) will move on to round 3 and compete in the finals.
- Q: Will Tools & Materials be provided?
You must own your own tools. However, as it pertains to materials, you will be presented with the opportunity to select and collect the necessary materials you will need to complete the assignment for each round. Round 2 participants may collect materials with a maximum value of USD$250. Round 3 participants will be provided with tools and may collect additional materials with a maximum value of USD$200.
- Q: After entering, is it possible to cancel my entry and resubmit another work?
Yes, it is. During the entry period of Round 2, you may cancel entries and resubmit unlimited times. However, please be careful as cancellation or submissions cannot be accepted after the entry period has ended. This will not be possible for Round 3.
- Q: Please tell me the reasons for choosing the judges.
Judges are chosen with consideration to outstanding experience and knowledge in both building, design & construction.
- Q: How are results determined?
In two parts. In Round 2 a photo of your submission will be posted online for the online voting campaign. In Round 3, a Jury of professionals will judge your product on 3 elements: Creativity, Design and craftsmanship. A tally of votes will determine the winner.
- Q: Where and when is the final round/evaluation be held?
The date of the final round depends on your location. Please pay attention to promotion from your local Kooyman store. The finalists will join us at Kooyman to shop and build their final assignment. Our jury will have a look at the works and determine the winner by the end of that day.
- Q: When will results be available, and how will I know them?
Round 2 semi-finalists will be contacted by phone and announced online. The Round 3 winner will be notified at the end of the building period.
- Q: I want to know more details about why the winning works were chosen to receive awards.
We cannot provide any further comment on the works other than what is provided on our website.
- Q: Can I receive a cash prize instead of the prize gift card?
No, you cannot receive cash in lieu of the prize item.
- Q: Where do I find out details on the winning project?
Once the winner is finalized, his or her name will be published on the Kooyman Facebook page and website.