As an Assistant Store Manager you support the Store Manager in the daily business operations of our retail store. With the continuous growth of the organization, we are regularly looking for experienced Assistant Store Managers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading, instructing, guiding, and motivating the team of employees within the branch in an efficient, stimulating, and inspiring manner. The Assistant Store Manager fulfills an exemplary role in all areas.
- Developing the personnel by having a coaching attitude and offering possible courses and giving the personnel sensible feedback during their daily activities.
- Supervising the execution and implementation of all business processes and procedures in accordance with guidelines, handbooks, and corporate manual and advising the Store Manager and coordination of the work
- Substituting the store manager in their absence.
- Ensuring that the customers can get information about all goods and services offered by the company, both by telephone and in
- Handling complaints from internal as well as external customers.
- Behaving in a customer-oriented manner and encouraging his/her team to do the same.
- Working with potential clients to have quotations made.
- Commercial/operational implementation of all activities to achieve the business objectives.
- Co-responsible for the layout of the Store /Drive Thru in accordance with our corporate identity and planograms, which includes keeping the store/Drive Thru tidy and arranging an orderly layout of the shelves as well as ensuring an optimal store image.
- Introducing procedures/guidelines to minimize loss, increase safety and efficient course of commercial/operational matters at the store.
- Watching out for theft and reporting this to the Store Manager and department Security.
- Ensuring optimal reception and storage of goods.
- Ensuring optimal operations of the cash register -, store-, drive thru/yard and warehouse activities.
- Checking to make sure that the Inventory Controller gets and keeps the stocks in order administratively.
- Keeping track of the work schedule and time registration of the store staff.
- Taking care of presence and absence reports of the branch.
- Following sick leave and vacation procedures.
- Taking necessary disciplinary measures in accordance with the company’s HR policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years of operational and/or commercial, work experience
- Management experience or proven management training an asset
- Demonstrable affinity with construction material and/or hardware retail industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Application
- Team player who knows how to communicate effectively at and with all levels/positions
- Hands-on mentality with the ability to work independently with speed and accuracy to achieve required results
- Willing to work irregular hours, no 9 to 5 mentality
How to apply
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and would you like to be part of this growing and innovative organization? Then send your motivation letter with your CV true the application button below.
Only those who meet the required qualifications will be considered.