This is Kaya Kaya, a movement where bright colors liven up the walls, where every street tells a story and where neglected buildings are repurposed and transformed into works of art.
Kaya Kaya, is a community-driven initiative that is breathing new life into the neighborhood of Ser'i Otrobanda.
But Kaya Kaya is more than just a visual transformation. It's a driver for economic growth, job opportunities and entrepreneurship.
Kaya Kaya believes in the power of community engagement. Together, events and workshops are organized, strengthening the social fabric of Ser'i Otrobanda. It's through collaboration and active involvement that we build strong connections among residents, inspiring a sense of pride among local residents.
But we can't do this alone. We need collective action to protect and restore Curaçao's coral reefs. Here's how you can make a difference:
- Practice energy conservation to address climate change and prevent coral bleaching.
- Treat corals with care; they are living creatures that deserve our respect.
- Say no to eating parrotfish; their protection is crucial for reef health.
- Use moorings instead of anchors when boating to avoid damaging the reefs.
- Recycle and dispose of trash properly to prevent marine debris.
- Embrace the three Rs: reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Leave no trash behind on beaches.
Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. Kaya Kaya is committed to using recycled and sustainable materials in its projects, contributing to a greener future. We empower local residents to take ownership of their properties with the help of our team, nurturing a sense of responsibility towards the area they helped revamp themselves
At Kaya Kaya, we're not just painting buildings; we're painting a brighter future for Ser'i Otrobanda.
You can be part of creating a place where culture thrives, economies flourish, social bonds strengthen, and the environment flourishes.
Do you want to support and be part of the movement that is shaping Otrobanda into a vibrant, inclusive, and sustainable community? Discover how to support the cause below.